Tuesday, November 27, 2012

IMAZ and Thanksgiving


IMAZ was crazy. Spectating is a tough job :-) I spectated with my peeps Elliot, Mindy and Kris. They came prepared. Japanese warrior headbands, Cookie monster on a stick, cameras ready, vocal cords ready.

Elliot was, off course, cheering for Linsey. And his favorite triathlete WON the race. Elliot got to hand off her cowboy hat for the final hundred meters. I am pretty sure that was one of the happiest moments in his life:-)

Here are some pics from the day:


 Mindy and Elliot fighting over the cookie monster. Kris and I stayed out of it.


Elliot cheering on Linsey on lap 1!!!


Elliot trying out his inner Yogi.
Note the drawing on the sidewalk :-)


Mindy, Kris and Elliot went all out on artwork up curry hill.


The crew!!!


Elliot posing half naked while Linsey goes on the last lap!!!


SHE DID IT!!! 

Well, after the spectathlon we all slept for 20 hrs. We were pooped. But it was a ton of fun. Luckily the work week only had three days and then I was off to North Dakota. It was a beautiful 15 degrees during the day, perfect for running!!! 

JR and I did A LOT in the 3 days we were up there, but unfortunately JR (who had been sick for 2 weeks) got me sick too, so 30 min runs was all I could do :-(

We went back to where we were married: THE BUNKER.

 Great memories of Pam speaking German at my wedding, my family almost not making it over to the US from Germany because of the vulcano that decided to erupt, lots of Ouzo at the wedding :-) Ahhh, that was a great weekend.


Cold cold cold.


Jamestown.

JR and I built our first snow man of the season. He was tiny, but we got it done. Skittles as eyes, twig as a nose and a aluminum foil hat. Perfect.


When we got back to Phoenix, we noticed that someone important just landed. Two miniature United States airplanes. We never found out who it was but it was pretty cool to see those airplanes.


Well, with the setback in training from being sick I am not sure what to do for racing. I was out for almost 4 days, had to skip my long run and now have to decide if I want to run a half marathon or 5 k this weekend :-( I am leaning towards a 5 k on Saturday and another one on Sunday. School is done in 3 weeks and then I can finally return to normal training :-)

Until then I will try to keep squeezing in 3 mile runs here and there.

No comments: