Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Starting off the tri season

First race of the season is done. I couldn't resist...I had to enter a triathlon...even if it is a sprint with a pool swim :-)

Watching Havasu last week made me want to race. So I swam for 1500 m on Friday and did a 2 hr ride on Saturday and decided to enter the Sprint Triathlon at Vistancia (Phoenix) on Sunday.

Timing was a little off, as we thought Vistancia is close to the Interstate. It turned out to be about 30 min away from the interstate and I arrived at the race about 10 min before my start :-) At least it was a small race, which means that the transition never closes.

The swim consisted of a 400 yard pool swim, it went by fast, very fast. But I have to admit that I felt the lack of swimming for 14 days.
The bike went by fast as well. I think that all the racing bikeraces really helped get me fit and fast.
The run was a 5 k run that felt a little long. Looking at everyone's time I am pretty sure it was longer then 5k. But I had a great time and was happy to be out there. I could feel a lack of speed work, which will be added to my training soon.

I ended up taking first place for the women and second place overall men and women. It was a great racing weekend.

Now I am off to more househunting. Next race up is the Superseal in San Diego.

No comments: