Sunday, May 17, 2009

Back to training at 100 %

This week was filled with lots to do for immigrations and training. The immigration stuff is on its way, out of my hands and up to the government officials which is a good feeling. Now I can focus on training 100 % again. Filling out important forms drains you because you want to do everything perfect...

JR and I celebrated our end-of-the-work-week friday by sitting on the porch for about 5 hrs. We didn't know that we could eat dinner for that long:-) I guess we can...

Saturday was the weekly group ride again, where I took Mr. Cherry (aka my Roadbike), because it was a good day with no wind, highs speeds, great attacks, and on that hilly ride I wanted to give everything. I even had a speedometer (haven't had one for about 1/2 a year), I looked at it every once in a while and a 45 km/h pace felt great to me, which is a really good sign. Even if it was my turn to pull the boys along, I managed to keep the 45 km/h up and it felt comfortably hard.

The stairs ended up in a late sprint and I managed to come to the top in 4th, which was great since the group was bigger this week (25-30 people). On the sprint to the Lodge at the 1/2 way point I missed the break (it went off just as I was drifting back after pulling...), but I tried to jump across and managed to end up in no man's land. But then one guy fell of the front group, I caught him and ended up 4th in the sprint:-) The way back was just as fast and about 20 k out I attacked- ha - how much fun. I have to learn how to attack in my drops and how not to be over geared, so I went for it,it worked and I felt sooo fast. T run felt great as well. I like days like this a lot!!! They are confidence boosters and us athletes really need them every once in a while:-)

We had our friends over for dinner, noone was in the mood to go downtown, which I liked; TIRED LEGS!!!

Today was a 1:45 hr run. I went at 11 am, so that it would be a little warmer as my next 70.3 is a afternoon start. It was hot!!! But fun:-) The first 45 min a bit easier, then I picked it up until 1:30, then a 10 min cool down. I ran my favorite loop for the first 45 min. Up to Mars hill, back down in the forest to the traintracks. I LOVE THE TRAIN. Flagstaff has about 160 trains going through every day and night:-) and they honk!!! When you run next to the train in the forest (out of town) they honk at you and it is so fun, this huge train with the very loud horn:-) LOVE IT. Unfortunately Flagstaff wants to get rid of the noise:-(
After the loop it was an out and back with milemarkers, to check on the pace. It felt great. The pace was high and the legs felt great!!!

After the run JR and I went hiking at Snowbowl and had lunch in the Aspens. What a good way to recover. Now I am on the couch and I am not sure when I will get up again...

Easy day tomorrow- good feeling when training sessions are nearly perfect...appreciate the good training days!!!

1 comment:

Marit C-L said...

Sounds like a FANTASTIC training weekend. Excellent! The few days I spent in Flagstaff were really great - beatitful area... BTW - I love trains as well - too bad that some people want to get rid of the noise. Eeks! We live right near the Pacific Coaster and I love the whistles...

Keep up the great work!