Sunday, December 14, 2008

Treadmill or Trail?

I still have to add some pictures from last weekend when my brothers visited me. We went for a great hike in the snow. We started hiking and had no idea how tall the mountain is going to be...so we hiked and hiked and hiked...it was great, there was only one other person in front of us, so we were able to follow the trail due to his foot steps. This is a picture of Sven and me having fun in the snow:

After some hours of hiking we decided it is time for a food-break. Mhhh, what do we have to eat: 3 clementines, 3 bananas, and 750 grams of Toblerone (in case you have never experienced the taste of that tasty chocolate-go and get one...it is honey, nuts and chocolate formed to a tasty triangle). The chocolate tasted soooooooooo good-look at how big the Toblerone is compared to me:



The entire package has 3937.5 kcal...that should be enough for a long day of hiking or training :-)
It was a great weekend with my brothers and we had a lot of fun.
Back to training:
Yesterday I had a Temporun. I was thinking about running on the treadmill like I did for the other workout, but I think it is smarter to do as much as you can outside because on the treadmill you jump more then you run. I could feel that it is different the day after my last workout, which was on the treadmill...my butt was sore...that doesn't happen when I run outside. So I decided to go run along a river for a warm up, do my temporun on a street and the cooldown along the river again. There was no other runner out there, but many people driving to a ski area.
This is the road I ran on for my temporun. It was nice and flat. Except for the cold weather it was a great run, because the sun was shining and the most important thing: I felt fast!!! Yippie!!!
These things are the best- the good thing about a treadmill is that you can see the pace that you are running, but look at this, you just have to find a road, where they put up these things and then you can see how fast you are running as well (and no, 52 km/h is off course not my pace:-)

This is where I warmed up and cooled down. I love the snow as long as it is not icy.
Today I have a long run and then I will go to the pool to go swimming.
I am also working on an exact schedule for my races for next year-there are sooooo many races that I would like to do...it is so hard to make a decision...
Til next time,
Angi

No comments: