Sunday, January 24, 2010

Departure to better weather

Departure to better weather-this weekend was supposed to be the first training weekend, with a TT on Saturday and a Crit on Sunday...The TT got cancelled due to bad weather and JR and I would have been unable to escape the snow anyways because the Interstate was closed. Instead I did a long run, partially on the treadmill, partially on ice. Then we decided to drive to Phoenix in the afternoon when the streets were open and I ran another 5 miles and enjoyed the weather.

Good prep for a crit? Probably not, but this is all training. Sunday was beautiful. I was at the crit ALL day and my race was, off course, the last. Only 3 girls showed up, so it was clear that noone would break away. I had a good gap after the first prime, but decided to wait for the other girls, which I think was a mistake because I had a good gap on them...oh well...that might be why I am not a cyclist... I won the second prime as well. The third one my teammate went for, so I ended up blocking the other girl (mhhh, I wasn't sure if that is the nice thing to do...but this is a race :-)

The final sprint was unfortunate. I switched into a bigger gear for sprinting...clong clong clong...thank you chain for NOT shifting and helping everyone get away...so I caught up, rode into second, looked over and saw that my teammate had first place covered. We went one-two and had a great workout.

Now please chain...work next time in the final sprint...please!!!

This week: lots of swimming...next weekend: running race, crit and TT if possible!!! I love racing, it gets you in great shape!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome Angi!!! Where's your running race? Sounds like you are going to have a great year and I can't wait to follow along :)