Sunday, January 16, 2011

Goodbye 2010 and hello 2011

Here is my review of 2010:
January
...a snowy time in Flagstaff. It was my first New Years in the US, we had a great evening with lots of friends at our house. I got to mix some german cold weather drinks :-) and everyone seemed to be very happy...
...Jack loved the snow...
...Pam took me back country skiing and it was GREAT...
...January was a tough month for training with all the snow...



February
...Tucson Bicycle Classic...after a great TT my second day ended with a crash on the last kilometer. The field was together and we were screaming down a hill...and then I hit a hole...wheel broken, frame broken, stitches, got cactus spines removed from my leg with a lovely scapel...


April
...SUPERSEAL...my favorite Triathlon... Pam and I had a great roadtrip and a great homestay...
...lots of fresh fish eating going on in the 4 days...
...and even snorkeling...
ALSO: made an offer on a house AND wedding preparations are running...

May
...great party before our wedding at TRIBE and after that a few drinks...
...wedding dress testing with stitches in my leg (you should have seen the eyes of the salesperson...thousands-of dollars dresses and a bloody leg :-)
...and then we got married on May 7th BUT CINQO DE MAYO is our real wedding day (when we were married in the courthouse)... the wedding was beautiful..and I was so glad that my family made it through the snow storm :-)


June
...rainy Flagstaff = awesome cyclocrossing...
...also Jack learns how to swim :-)
...also moving to Phoenix just in time for summer :-) Yeah...


July
...back to Germany for ANKE and JENS's wedding!!! It was beautiful!!!


August
...Checking out the trails around Flagstaff...BEAUTIFUL!!!


November
...hiking the Grand Canyon for 5 days!!! WOHOOO...



December
...Christmas in AZ...my parents and my brother are here :-) too bad the weather decided to be under normal :-( ...
...Sven volunteered to catch fish in the Grand Canyon...
...after 3 days of snow we finally got to hike back out with him...
...I loved having my family here!!!

Hello 2011:
I have a lot planned for 2011 and everything seems to be on track. Racing starts next week (and I am glad to be racing again) with a Criterium in Phoenix. I even have a trip to Germany planned in August and it will involve lots of family time and 3 races :-) I haven't raced in Germany for a long time!!! Also I am trying to figure out what field to get my Masters in...but...it has taken me 2 years to decide already so no promises that it will be figured out this year :-)
The main thing for 2011 is to stay healthy, happy and injury free - not only for me but for everyone!!!
To a great 2011!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the recap Angi!! We must meet up before I leave and I might be up for racing Superseal too :)

Anonymous said...

I couldn´t see your awesome brother on the pictures! Who is it?