Friday, July 22, 2011

The calm before the storm...

The rest of July and the entire month of August will require NO travelling for me (except for the occasional trip up to Flagstaff)...but travelling is ON for the month of September...

I earned enough points on the 5150 series to end up 7th overall in the ranking, which means I have secured my spot for the HyVee Triathlon in Des Moins, Iowa. The race has the biggest prize purse in triathlon. 30 women will be at the start line and many of them are world class ITU racers...and that is where I am going the beginning of September... then I will spend a few days at home, switch out my TT bike to my Roadbike and make my way over to Italy for a week of training before heading over to Gijon Spain to represent the USA at the Duathlon World Championships...and then I will make my way back to Phoenix...

Booking all those tickets, making sure they don't overlap, making sure my bike will make it every where I go will be entertaining and might be more challenging then the race itself :-)

Happy training and travelling!!!

No comments: