Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Good puppy!!!

I love this dog!!! He is more human then dog. We have so much in common. We both:




  • love napping


  • can go from sleeping to running in 3 seconds


  • are a little afraid of water


  • like shoes (he for chewing, me for running)


and much more. The napping part is our favorite :-)



I took Jack on my run yesterday. He is not the best listener (it works 1 out if 3 times :-). The snakes are out in the Mountains in Phoenix this time of the year, so I am always worried we will run into one. Yesterday we ran into coyotes. 2 of them about 20 meters in front of us. Immediately I yelled: Jack, stay!!! (Thinking, as good as he is listening to me, we will see what happens). But to my surprise he waited and did not go after them!!! Yeah- good dog. Coyotes are a little scary...they were about the same size as Jack...and two of them...but everything turned out good. He got a big reward at home (and probably didn't even know why :-)



Now back to last weekend: The Tempe International Triathlon



I competed in the sprint triathlon, because I wanted to get a speedy workout in before Memphis. The race was not very well organized, or maybe they just had a lot of bad luck putting it on. The start was delayed by 45 min (they kept telling us 5 more min, 5 more,...so we were standing around half in the water for 45 min). I had to swim around a boat and a kayak in the race (I am not even sure why they were in the middle of the course)...the bike was pretty uneventful. Onto the run I was in no mans land. I started 3 min behind the guys. I had 3 guys in front of me, but out of sight. I tried to follow the cones, but some of them were for car traffic...hmmm...not really sure how I am supposed to tell which are which...I ended up going the wrong way once on the way out. On the way back, on the other side of Tempe Town Lake we had to cross a bridge...too bad it was a little unclear WHICH bridge we have to run on...I asked a guy who was cheering and he said: I think you are on the right one :-)



Eventually we all made it to the finish!!! I heard from a lot of people afterwards that they went the wrong way at some point of the run.



The Phoenix Triathlon Community is amazing. Everyone is so friendly and there are so many racers out there. It was great to see how many people did the back to back weekend Triathlons (Rio Salado and Tempe International)!!!










No comments: